Ingredients for Prodigy’s Chicken Gizzard
- 1 bowl of chicken gizzards
- 3 habanero pepper (or to your taste)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 big stock cube
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Ginger
- 1 Bell pepper (green pepper)
Notes on the ingredients
- A bowl of chicken gizzard gave me about 20 gizzards. Be careful with the quantity of seasoning you add to gizzards. They can easily get over seasoned and taste salty because the meat does not absorb much of the ingredients.
Before you make Your Peppered Gizzards
- Ensure that the inside skins of the gizzards are peeled off, then wash and place them in a pot.
- Cut the onions into big chunks, add the ginger, pepper, stock or Maggie cube, thyme and the oil and blend it all together with a bit of water.
- Marinate the gizzards with the blended seasoning and remember do no add extra water to the gizzard, the seasoning and gizzard only.
Making the Peppered Gizzards
- After the gizzard is done cooking for about 20-30 minutes on medium heat, grab a frying pan.
- Add about 3 teaspoon of oil in the pan, throw in your gizzard with onions and bell peppers and let that cook for about 10 minutes.
- Lastly sprinkly some suya pepper on it and mix it all together.
If you are entertaining guests or having dinner with the family, serve it as a side dish to Jollof Rice, Fried Plantains or Beans.
If you are hosting a party, place them in a flat tray and put out with other small chops and snacks for your guests to enjoy. They will surely be oohing and aahing either from the yummy taste or from all that pepper LOL.